Sunday, January 10, 2010

{Visiting}

This year my Dad, Rondi, Isaac and myself were able to visit cemeteries and place little Christmas trees on the graves of Jarrod, my Mom, Daddy Daddy and Bruce (Rondi's first husband). I didn't anticipate the amount of snow we'd have to remove at Lakeview Memorial Cemetery in Boutiful. We spent quite a bit of time trying to uncover the headstones (thank you, Dad) and Rondi is a pro at anchoring the trees to the ground so they wouldn't tip over which was quite a feat with frozen ground. My camera wouldn't work to take a picture of my mom's headstone, but I was able to get one of Jarrod's, Daddy Daddy's and a photo of Rondi decorating Bruce's little tree. I was having major camera issues that day. It was freezing cold, but totally worth it. I bought some battery operated lights to put on all of the trees next year if we are able to go again.

Jarrod's
You can't see it well in this pic, but the base of this tree is a red Santa boot, totally fitting for Daddy-Daddy

Here is Rondi trying to stick flags in the frozen ground at Bruce's grave. It got a bit dark, but it was cool to see how many other graves had trees on them--a lot of them with little lights.

2 comments:

Julie Knowlton said...

I am glad you guys did that. We are planning on visiting soon. Hopefully in time to see the trees you guys put up!

Megan said...

What beautiful trees you guys put up for them!