Monday, January 11, 2010

{Sleigh Bells & Cookies}


On Christmas Eve I took the boys to Jorge and Debbie Becerra's house for their annual Christmas party. David never makes it to this party because of work--unless it falls on a Saturday or Sunday. So, imagine my surprise when my phone rings at 6:30pm and it's David telling me that he's done with work! What? That never happens so early on Christmas Eve! So, David made it to the party after all (I convinced him to come in his uniform and at least get some food before going home to shower). So, everyone was excited that he made it! He got some delicious homemade Mexican food in his belly and then took Eli home, showered with him and got him to bed, while Isaac and I stayed for the Christmas program--Isaac played one of the wise men. After getting home Isaac and I made chocolate chip cookies for Santa and then we read a Christmas book and listened for Santa's sleigh bells. We truly heard them and Isaac was so excited he was frozen in place. Too funny! David and I were up until 3:30am wrapping gifts and getting everything just perfect for Santa to come. I love Christmas!

2 comments:

Julie Knowlton said...

I am so excited for when Beau gets older so he understands all the fun Christmas traditions!

BreeAnn said...

I didn't know David got off early on Christmas Eve! Score for you guys!