Tuesday, April 14, 2009

{Easter Fun}

So, I feel like I have been a bit of a slacker-mom lately in the picture department. Eli always seems to be sleeping when I have the camera out. Therefore, he isn't present in any of the Easter pictures...what's up with that? I'm a little irritated about it, actually. We waited for him to be in bed before dying eggs because we knew that would be trouble, but I meant to take pictures of him with his basket. He is too small to fit in the Easter outfit that matches Isaac's. Maybe I should have bought a smaller size...but, I really feel that my runt of a baby should be big enough to wear it right now. Poor little kid only weighs 16.1 lbs right now, which isn't even on the charts anymore (according to his 9 month check-up last week). I still can't believe how different my two kids are. Isaac was 19.6 lbs at his 9 month appointment. Interesting.

Anyway, so here are some pictures of Easter. It was a beautiful day. Isaac got lots of candy in his basket and from his Primary teachers. He was thrilled to hunt for the eggs that the Easter Bunny hid around the house. He woke up at 6 am and found his basket--it wasn't even light outside yet, so we made him go back to bed for a while. It was funny. Then...this is the funny part...when we were ready to head to David's mom's house for Easter dinner we locked BOTH sets of house/car keys inside the house. There we were sitting in the car, ready to drive away and David asked me where the keys were. I looked at him and asked, "Are you kidding me?" For those of you who know David, you know that he NEVER makes mistakes like that (according to him). He's pretty sure he is perfect and without fault in any situation. Ha, ha! If it had been me leaving the keys inside he would have been so mad and irritated at me, but he thought it was pretty funny that he did it. Interesting. We sat in the car in the garage with no keys, and the only person with a spare is my dad. Soooo, 40 minutes later my dad had arrived with the spare and we were off to dinner. It was delicious!


Isaac and David dunking eggs in the colors.


Isaac with his newly died eggs--waiting patiently for them to dry.



Isaac after Church, with his bag of candy from his Primary teacher.



Isaac with his and Eli's baskets...he got a new game, new Church outfit, some new books, fun toys, cotton candy, whoppers and plastic eggs filled with candy. He was so excited!


No comments: