Sunday, May 10, 2009

{Mother's Day}

Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms out there! I can't think of anything more rewarding and amazing than being a mom. I have been blessed to have two of the most wonderful kids in the world. I would do anything for them. I can only hope that as they grow they will never doubt how much they mean to me and how much I love and adore them both.

I was able to go and visit my mom's grave this morning with my little brother, Caleb. It is always so difficult. I try so hard to prepare myself, but when I get there it hits me again that she is really gone. I miss her so much. It is so beautiful at the cemetery. It's up on the mountain in Bountiful. From her's and Jarrod's graves you can see the Bountiful Temple just a block away, and the entire valley spread out below. It is pretty incredible.

I thought I would share with you the wonderful Mother's Day card that Isaac made for me as part of a Primary activity this past Friday. It is something that I will always treasure. It is a little booklet with a beautiful poem on the front. It also has some questions and answers that were written exactly how Isaac said them. I am going to share it all with you.



This was the front page (above)





Second page


Q: How old is your mom? (he left it blank)

Q: How tall is your mom?
A: Tall

Q: What is your mom's favorite color?
A: Green (true)

Q: What is your favorite meal that your mom cooks?
A: Everything

Q: What color are your mom's eyes?
A: Green

Q: What makes your mom happy?
A: Being a good boy

Q: What's your favorite thing to do with your mom?
A: Sit by her on her bed (watching cartoons..hee, hee!)

Q:What does your mom do when you aren't around?
A: Calls me

Q: Why do we have moms?
A: So we can sit by her on her bed and in my booster seat

Q: How did Heavenly Father make moms?
A: So we can have fun with them

Q:What was you mom like when she was your age?
A: Just played with more little girls

Q:How do you know your mom loves you?
A: Because she's my mom

Q:What food does your mom make best?
A: Chicken nuggets
Recipe: Cooking it

Q: I love my Mother because...
A: She loves me!!!

Aw, I do love my precious Isaac. He brings so much joy into my life. I can't imagine anything better!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

That card is super cute. I got something similar from Porter from kindergarten. LOL