Friday, May 29, 2009

{Day to Remember}

For Memorial Day weekend this year we went up to a cabin with my Dad and Rondi. We left on Saturday night after an open house to celebrate the sealing of my sister-in-law, brother-in-law and their two kids. We had so much fun up at the cabin! My dad had brought up their Wii and some really fun games. Isaac amazed us all with his skills, and the games were totally addicting. I think I need to get a Wii, and soon! Ha ha!

After we got home from the cabin we headed out to visit cemeteries. It is amazing how beautiful they are during this holiday--filled with so many beautiful flowers and tons of people. It's breathtaking. I took a few pictures of the day, but failed to take pictures up at the cabin. Oh, well.



Our first stop was at Bruce's grave at the Redwood Memorial Cemetery. For those of you who don't know--Bruce was Rondi's first husband who was a pilot in the Navy and passed away after his plane crashed during a training flight. In this picture you can see that Eli isn't a huge fan of grass. I don't think he put his arms down the entire time we were at this cemetery. He barely moved at all. So silly!



Eli and Isaac (and David's legs). Eli has a binky now, but is still in pretty much the same position as the previous picture. Ha, ha!



Our second stop was at Lakeview Memorial Cemetery in Bountiful, near the beautiful Bountiful, Utah Temple. This is where both my mom and brother are buried. Here is David, Eli, Isaac and me behind my moms grave marker. I can't take credit for the beautiful set-up of flowers. Rondi and my dad are amazing at making them look wonderful! Thanks so much!



Here are my Dad and Rondi with us standing behind Jarrod's marker. So beautiful.



Jarrod's marker. In front of it is a pinwheel and a golf ball on a tee left by Branigan and Julie--along with some beautiful flowers.



A picture of both graves. Jarrod's on the bottom, my mom's on the top. It was a perfect day with perfect weather.

6 comments:

BreeAnn said...

Sounds like a good weekend! You look great! I am glad you guys had a good time!

Valerie said...

We had a Wii and took it back cuz I thought it was super lame! And I was a major video game junkie growing up! LOL

The pics at the cemetary are great pics! I didn't do as well with pics at the cemetary this year, though. Shame on me...

TFS!

Julia said...

Thanks for sharing those beautiful pictures. What a family you guys have!

Kirstin said...

wow, i'm so glad you found me, too!!! your family is so cute and we need to get together and play.

The House that James Built said...

Love you guys! so glad you have such great family to lean on! beautiful pictures of your day. xoxo

Julie Knowlton said...

We are so sad we missed you guys!

Glad you had fun at the cabin. I am so mad we didn't get to see Isaac play the Wii!