Friday, February 25, 2011

{Independence Day}

On the 3rd of July David took Isaac to the Riverton Carnival again--a yearly tradition.  He and Isaac got back in time for the BBQ that my backyard neighbor, Lauren and I put together with a few of our other neighbors and their kids.  It was fun!  The boys always want to play in Lauren's yard with Cannon's toys--apparently they are way better than our toys.   

Eli loves doggies!

Eli was totally soaked by the end of the evening.


Testing the waters.  Note the obsession with carrying crayons.

After the BBQ we went back to the carnival to ride on a few rides and watch the fireworks.  Eli loved them.  We kept him strapped into the stroller so he couldn't escape in the darkness, but he decided he wanted to lounge with David.  After the fireworks I took the boys on the Ferris Wheel.  I love Ferris Wheels, but Eli kept trying to stand up and climb over the back of the seat.  Scared me to death.  I'm surprised I didn't pass out from the fear I felt just thinking him falling out.  Scariest. Ever. EVER!


Wow!

Just chillin'

What was I thinking?  Longest ride of my life.

Wheeeee!

Of course Isaac had to ride on the train.

On the 4th of July--a Sunday this year we invited my Dad and Rondi, Tyler, Dolly and kids, Zach and our friends/neighbors Lauren, Brian and their kids Cannon and Lincoln over to do some fireworks.  But, before that we had some super yummy Tres Leches cake that I made with whipped cream, raspberries, strawberries and blueberries decorated to look like a flag.  I'm impressed with my creative culinary skills. 

Mmmmmmmm!


Grandpa Brad and Grandma Rondi trying to keep Eli warm while we watch fireworks.


From left...Isaac, Cannon, Dylan and Jonathan.


It was a little breezy and cool, so there was a little difficulty lighting the fireworks.  Tyler and Zach are getting close...

The lighting crew.


Jonathan with his sparkler.

My little brother, Zach, with Isaac.

1 comment:

BreeAnn said...

loving all your updated posts! your cake looked way cute and tasty