Thursday, August 27, 2009

{Park City}

I decided that since David had last week off of work we needed to do something fun together as a family. This was David's last week of vacation for the year, and Isaac was starting school that Friday, so I thought it would be our last chance to do anything before the craziness of Fall and Winter begins. All day Monday and Tuesday David was digging up some grass and sprinklers where we are having cement poured for a sidewalk to our man-door on the side of our garage. He had to re-route the sprinklers so they wouldn't be buried under the cement. He was working hard, so I called my dad and asked if we could use his Park City timeshare for a day or so, knowing that we had to be home by noon on Friday to take Isaac to school. He checked it out and booked us for Wednesday and Thursday at the condo.

So, off we went on Wednesday afternoon, following Isaac's 5 year check-up and shots at the doctors office. The poor little guy was limping for two days because of the shots. The plan was for us to chill on Wednesday night and then go to the Alpine Slide, Alpine Coaster and zip line on Thursday. When we got there Isaac was so excited. We decided to each get an all day pass for unlimited rides on everything and it also included mini golf, rock wall, trampolines and several small carnival-type kid rides. Yahoo! We had a blast! David and I switched off riding the slide and coaster with Isaac while the other stayed with Eli. David and I each also rode the zip line once (Isaac didn't weigh enough to go on it). I took Eli back to the condo that afternoon for a nap, taking the diaper bag with sunscreen in it with me--oops. Poor Isaac got so sunburned. Anyway, Eli was a good little boy even though he was stuck in the stroller the majority of the time, and the rest of us had so much fun!


David and Isaac waiting for the chair lift.



Isaac on the Alpine Coaster sled with me on our way to the top.



Going up the big mountian on the Alpine Coaster.


David and Isaac going down the Alpine Slide.


Isaac and me at the end of the Alpine Slide.


Sunburned Isaac. Doesn't he look so cute in David's hat?


David on the zip line.


Poor little Eli--he was such a trooper.

4 comments:

Julia said...

How fun! I'm glad you guys got some quality family time in!

Kirstin said...

you have a beautiful family!!! i loved looking at all the fun pictures. THANKS for find me. :)

Scott and Lindsey said...

The Alpine Coaster is so much fun. I was sad I couldn't ride it this year!

BreeAnn said...

Im glad you guys had fun! I didn't know you were doing that!