Friday, November 21, 2008

{Twilight}


So, I went to see Twilight at midnight last night with some of my girlfriends. It was a crazy night for sure. I wasn't sure whether I would regret going since it would be cutting into my much needed sleep time, which is scarce since Eli has been teething.

We met at 9:30 at a very crowded Red Robin for dinner (yummy), and then walked to the theater after eating. There were screaming and excited girls everywhere! It was hilarious! Twilight t-shirts galore and ladies yelling, "I love you, Edward!" at the top of their lungs. I think I counted a total of 6 men in our theater--hee, hee! Poor guys. I have to say that I was a little disappointed in the movie. I'm sure it was just because I had such high expectations. Don't get me wrong, it was pretty good, just not what I hoped it would be. Some of the actors weren't quite right for the part, in my opinion, and I just wanted there to be more. I know that movies rarely are as good as the books and a lot has to be changed or cut out to get the story shoved into two hours, but I was left wanting more. I think if I see it again, and I plan to, I will like it better. I will know what to expect and instead of being bothered by what was left out or changed I will be able to just enjoy it.

All in all, it was a fun night. The food and company were great. It was an exciting experience, and although I didn't LOVE the movie it was worth seeing. I certainly don't regret a night out with friends and an escape from the kids for a while--no matter that it cost me some precious zzz's. Totally worth it! Thanks Lori for arranging everything and getting the tickets for us all--it was great!

1 comment:

Megan said...

I'm so excited to see this movie!!!