Saturday, June 12, 2010

{The Big Race}

Back at the beginning of the year I let some friends convince me to run a 5K in April as part of the Salt Lake Marathon. A 5K? Me? Now, I know what you might be thinking...have they seen how out of shape Tara is? Funny. I was thinking the same thing. Blah. So, I sort of recruited my cousin BreeAnn to undertake this challenge with me, and I have to say that I wouldn't have been able to do it without her. We motivated each other and it was awesome. My best buds Kelli, Jen and Lori were running too, but Kelli did the FULL marathon and Lori and Jenn did the HALF marathon. I am telling you--what an incredible experience watching them all come in. I also have to mention that my rockstar sister-in-law, Julie kicked some serious butt in the half marathon as well! Anywho, here are photos of the BIG race. I was terrified and even though I didn't run as long as I'd hoped to, I still got my best time for going 3.1 miles. Yay, me! Next year I'm gonna do the half marathon. There. I said it--now I have to do it!

Oh yeah, the night before the race Lori, Jen, Kelli and I had a pasta dinner party. We had super yummy food and Kelli made the awesomest (is that a word?) cupcakes I've ever seen! They looked like spaghetti and meatballs!

BreeAnn and me waiting at the starting line.

Still waiting.

Off we go!

Right after the race--please excuse the red and shiny faces--we just ran our first 5K!

My 'girls'. Lori, Kelli, Me and Jen

The spaghetti cupcakes.

3 comments:

Megan said...

That's awesome, Tara! I need to get my butt in gear and start some running some races...

BreeAnn said...

ok those cupcakes were awesome! And I love that picture of you guys all in your shirts, cute! And yeah we were awesome, hey lets do another race this Saturday..he he!

Julie Knowlton said...

So proud of you! And those cupcakes....